Just your average woman….even as I type that, I wonder…am i?
Average to who? Definitely depends on your standards, huh?
Well, I’m a woman (we’ll leave average out of it) who loves to write, dance, play with her sweet dog, travel, go on crazy fun adventures with people I love, and who above all deeply loves Jesus Christ and people to my core.
Where would I be without the Lord’s loving guidance – His many firm but loving “no’s;” His tender providence; His utter acceptance of me despite myself, my lack of faith, my proneness to wander, as the old hymn says.
I blog to grow personally – to reflect on life as it happens and the lessons I learn almost always in the most random and unexpected of ways.
Just a few of my hobbies…
- Dancing (East Coast swing and salsa mainly)
- Being outdoors and especially in beautiful places!
- Playing with my wonderful dog, Ellie
- Playing guitar and piano
- Traveling and going on adventures
- Doing new, random things
A few professional tidbits…
- Attended Texas A&M University, College Station – gig’em Aggies!
- Taught middle school English Language Arts, Social Studies, Journalism & Creative Writing for four years
- Career in transition: I’m transitioning to a new school to fully explore authentic Montessori education and decide if that’s the teaching path I want to follow
- Previous experience teaching swimming at Emler Swim School, from beginners to kids on swim team
And to close it out for now – I am a disciple of Jesus.